Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
SueDot SueDot is offline

Default Text Orientation - Upside-down?

First, I barely know what I'm doing in Word with tables....

I have a table that I use to create tab labels for 3-ring notebooks. I have
the cells sized exactly how I need them to fit the plastic dividers. I use
two rows for each tab, folding them in half length-wise so they don't slide
out of the holder. I therefore type the text on every other row so the front
has text but the back is blank. However, I would prefer to type the text on
every row, with the first row upside-down and the next row right side up, so
that when I cut them out, I can fold the tab in half and have it read
correctly on each side of the plastic divider tab. I hope that's clear...
Is there a way to orient the text in the table cell to being upside-down?
--
Susan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/UpsideDownText.htm
http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm

Basically, you need to create at two-column table with text rotated 90
degrees in opposite directions in the two columns.

"SueDot" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
SueDot SueDot is offline

Thank you, Suzanne!
That's what "not" thinking outside of the box does for me....it never even
occurred to me to turn them 90 degrees - which works perfectly, of course!
:-)
--
Susan

"SueDot" wrote in message
[...]

UPSIDE DOWN TEXT Fernando Microsoft Word Help 1 October 4th 08 10:53 AM
Upside down text Francis Hookham New Users 4 September 20th 07 04:07 PM
Upside Down Text akaallice Tables 1 October 2nd 05 05:00 PM
upside-down text David Gibbons Formatting Long Documents 1 March 2nd 05 09:44 PM
Have an upside down text orientation option. CMS Page Layout 2 January 10th 05 02:43 AM