Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jon Barron

Default Weird Print to File Problem

System: Windows XP SP2 with Word 2002 (unknown patch level) with Interwoven's
Desksite 8.0/Mailsite8.0 with SP1 and SP1 HF1 installed.

Problem: A user saved a new version of a document that printed just fine but
the new version of the document print to file every time without the printer
or the user setting the option. Its almost as if when the new document is
created and/or saved for the first time the metadata is changed in the
document itself to print to file.

Please note that this happens at random and I'm not able to duplicate this
problem at this time on the users computer. In addition, this happens to
normal documents that are already on the system for the same user, also at
random.

Lastly, there is one other user that has reported the same problem on
completely different documents, the two do not share any of the problem
documents (I checked).

The work around I have currently employed with them is to uncheck the print
to file option in the printing dialog window, print normally then save the
document to save the "new" (and correct) printing method for that document.

I've check the printer that the two reported "print to file" users are using
and other users that also use it and other than the random document on only
the two users everyone else prints to the print just fine, so I'm incline to
say its not the printer.

Any suggestions, tips, tests?

Thanks,

Jon