Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
twen twen is offline

Default Delivery Point Barcode

Is it possible when doing an automated mail merge from Access to Word to add
the Delivery Point Barcode to an envelope? I created a Document connected to
a my Access Database and it merges all of the envelopes correctly, but I
can't figure out how to add the delivery point barcode from the envelope
options because the checkbox is disabled when I go to check it I can't. I
have a merged field titled Zip also if that helps. Could someone just let me
know if it is possible to do that? Also I don't want to add a bar code text
because I don't think it looks anything like the delivery bar code so I have
already messed around with that.
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Before using USPS barcodes you should read

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897290/en-us

If that does not put you off using them...

In my experience, the DP Barcode option is now always disabled in the
Mailmerge envelope setup dialog in Word 2003. (In fact, you won't even see
the option unless you have set the locale to be English (United States) in
the Control Panels Regional Options dialog). However, the option should be
available in the dialog that you see when you create an envelope via
Tools|Letters and Mailings|Envelopes and Labels. Alternatively, you can add
a barcode field directly - if you search Google groups for

Peter Jamieson barcode locale

you should find some hints.

Peter Jamieson