Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] jlee@valleywater.org is offline

Default Protection & SpellCheck in Merged Forms

Hi,

I tried using the codes provided at the link below, for mail merge for
MS Word form document.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211308

They worked, except I was unable to re-protect the main form as before
the merge, and to switch back to the new merged file. At the site
above, I see the strings of codes specifically written for that, but
they simply don't work when I used in my form.

The new merged file is also a form with a few form fields, of which
some are already populated from the data source, by the mail merge,
and some need to be filled in by the users. Another problem is they
need to spell check for the part they fill out. The new merged form
is password protected at the time of merge. So I need to figure out a
way for the users to run a spellcheck with their form still
protected. I also checked out the codes for that, but can't figure
out how to include those codes in the main form so that after the
merge, they can be activated in the new merged form file. Do I make
sense?

Can any one help me on my issues?

Joy