Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PATCH PATCH is offline

Default Complex table linking

Hi there,

Need some help with the following two problems.

1. Create two sets of tables that must each run numerically. For example set
one muct have a field that counts A1, A2, A3 etc. For set two also a unique
count field, B1, B2, B3 etc. Each of these tables will also have a unique
name / title.

2. I then need a 'contents' table that will take A1, A2, B1, B2 etc and link
ther respective titles.

I hope this is enough information to help.

Thanks,
Patch

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pierre Pierre is offline

Are you trying to do this in Word or Excel. I ask b/c your post is in Word
Gerneral Questions. None the less, its seems as if you have a small formula
issue. If you want to add cell values, use the SUM option. If you want to
combined cell values, try useing CONCATENATE.

NOTE: SUM example A4=SUM(A1:A3) or A4=SUM(A1,A2,A3,B1,B2,B3)
CONCATENATE example CONCATENATE(A1,A3)
--
Work is sometimes hard....but someone has to do it.

"Patch" wrote:

Hi there,

Need some help with the following two problems.

1. Create two sets of tables that must each run numerically. For example set
one muct have a field that counts A1, A2, A3 etc. For set two also a unique
count field, B1, B2, B3 etc. Each of these tables will also have a unique
name / title.

2. I then need a 'contents' table that will take A1, A2, B1, B2 etc and link
ther respective titles.

I hope this is enough information to help.

Thanks,
Patch

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PATCH PATCH is offline

Thanks Pierre,
This is a Word question hence a little more tricky I suppose? Any
suggestions for Word?