Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
David Z David Z is offline

Default Bold font problem

Hello,

I hope someone can help me. I am using Word 2003 SP2 with Windows 2000.

I am writing in tables. I have created some basic styles, eg, Table Text,
TableText Step, Table Bullet. Word automatically bolds these styles whenever
I change style, restart numbering, insert autotext, or insert a graphic.

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eformatted.htm is not the
answer. I have also tried without success:
- de-selecting ALL 'Autotext options'
- de-selecting 'automatically update' in all styles
- checking normal.dot styles
- checking the table style and ruled out bold there

Getting desperate now!

Thankyou...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
David Z David Z is offline

No replies so far so I went to http://word.mvps.org/ and found an article on
corrupt templates and documents:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm

This has fixed the problem by saving the document as a webpage, closing
Word, opening Word, opening the doc saved as a web page, then saving it again
as a Word doc! Such a simple solution. Thank you MVPs!! Of course you need
to do all the other preventative things they recommend in various documents
regarding turning off Autotext options, creating a 'virgin' normal.dot, and
prompting Word to ask you to save normal.dot. I will fix all other docs and
templates today, and hopefully find that all my Word problems are now solved.