Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
jilltwfl jilltwfl is offline

Default Custom Table Style-Background Cell Color

I've created a custom table style, and want to apply a different background
color to the cells in the table header row (similar to the styles that are
created by auto-format). Using Word 2003. I cannot find where or how to
stylize specific attributes in the table. I can see a checkbox in the Table
AutoFormat diagot box for "Apply Special Formats To" and the selections a
Heading Rows, First Column, Last Row and Last Column, but I cannot find how
to set this in my own customized style.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Select your table style in the style pane and click Modify. Select 'Header
row' from the 'Apply formatting to' drop-down. Click the fill button or use
Format Borders and shading, and set the background you want.