Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
exec@home exec@home is offline

Default How do I create two vertically parallel but dissimilar tables?

I require these tables to be vertically parallel on the same page. They are
different tables, as though in two columns.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
saw185 saw185 is offline

The way I performed this in the past was to create one table, but erase the
rows in between the two tables. You can erase horizontal and vertical lines
with the "borders" button. You can then merge the cells between your "two
tables" and type text in that space.

I hope this helps.

saw185

"exec@home" wrote:

I require these tables to be vertically parallel on the same page. They are
different tables, as though in two columns.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Exec,

Nested Tables:
1. Create a table with 1 row and 2 columns.
Use FormatBorders and Shading to remove it's borders.

2. Place the cursor inside the first (left) cell and insert the "left" table
within it.

3. Place the cursor inside the second (right) cell and insert the "right" table
within it.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"exec@home" wrote in message
I require these tables to be vertically parallel on the same page. They are
different tables, as though in two columns.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

Hi,

to really have two different tables side by side
on the same page,
you'd have to set up a section with two textcolumns.

But in detail, it's hell.
Rather use one table and apply a bit of cosmetics to it.

--
Greetings from Bavaria, Germany

Helmut Weber, MVP WordVBA

Win XP, Office 2003
"red.sys" & Chr$(64) & "t-online.de"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

As suggested by the other replies, there are two basic options:

1. If you want two tables side by side and the rows do not need to be (or
need not to be) the same height, then create a two-column section (Format |
Columns) and insert a table in each column.

2. If you want the rows to be the same, create a single table with an empty
column in the middle, applying borders (if desired) only to the filled
cells, leaving the center column without borders to create the appearance of
two separate tables.