Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Letter headed template

Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to create a letter-headed template
such that the heading is protected, and the cursor begins at the point at
which the recipient's address is input?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You will find code that can be used to prevent the users from accessing the
header/footer of your document here (I suppose you mean "header" and not
"heading"):
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...PlusHeader.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Gordon" wrote:

Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to create a letter-headed template
such that the heading is protected, and the cursor begins at the point at
which the recipient's address is input?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

The basic of what you want to achieve is the set up the template using
Different First Page option set in Page Layout and then place the company
details in the first page Header. Then when you open a new document from the
template, the cursor is below the header in the space for the recipient's
details.

For a great tutorial covering simple to complex letter layouts, see
Suzanne's tutorial.

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Gordon" wrote in message
Can anyone point me to a tutorial on how to create a letter-headed
template such that the heading is protected, and the cursor begins at the
point at which the recipient's address is input?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Gordon, I imagined you already had a header in your document and wanted to
prevent users from accessing it.

Now I am quite sure that Terry is reading your post correctly and therefore
giving you the answer you need ;-)

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg