Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
amy amy is offline

Default Paste table from Excel to Word

I'm using Office 2003. I want to copy part of my Excel spreadsheet and paste
it into Word so that it appears as a table. However it goes off the edge of
the page in Word. I have been trying to get it to all fit on the page by
altering column widths, but I can't select the final columns to alter them
because they are off the page. Is there any better way to fix this than just
changing to landscape? I don't want to copy the table as a picture because I
want to be able to format it and possibly adjust some of the data in Word.
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Amy

If you do want to be able to manipulate the columns off the page, do View
Normal and you can see and manipulate all the columns.

Alternatively, click in the table, and do Table Properties. On the Table
tab, click Options. Tick the box that says "Automatically resize to fit
contents" and click OK. Now, back on the Table tab, set the preferred width
to 100%.

You can now adjust the column widths to better suit your needs.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Amy" wrote in message
news
I'm using Office 2003. I want to copy part of my Excel spreadsheet and
paste
it into Word so that it appears as a table. However it goes off the edge
of
the page in Word. I have been trying to get it to all fit on the page by
altering column widths, but I can't select the final columns to alter them
because they are off the page. Is there any better way to fix this than
just
changing to landscape? I don't want to copy the table as a picture because
want to be able to format it and possibly adjust some of the data in Word.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
amy amy is offline

Thanks for your prompt response Shauna. I knew there must be an easy way!

It actually worked if I cleared the check box for "automatically resize to
fit contents", rather than ticking it.

Cheers,
Amy

"Shauna Kelly" wrote:

Hi Amy

If you do want to be able to manipulate the columns off the page, do View
Normal and you can see and manipulate all the columns.

Alternatively, click in the table, and do Table Properties. On the Table
tab, click Options. Tick the box that says "Automatically resize to fit
contents" and click OK. Now, back on the Table tab, set the preferred width
to 100%.

You can now adjust the column widths to better suit your needs.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Amy" wrote in message
news
I'm using Office 2003. I want to copy part of my Excel spreadsheet and
paste
it into Word so that it appears as a table. However it goes off the edge
of
the page in Word. I have been trying to get it to all fit on the page by
altering column widths, but I can't select the final columns to alter them
because they are off the page. Is there any better way to fix this than
just
changing to landscape? I don't want to copy the table as a picture because
want to be able to format it and possibly adjust some of the data in Word.
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Do the following:

1. Select two rows of 18 columns text - I enetered Mon on Column A to Column
18 Thu. in Microsoft Excel
2. Copied these two rows and Paste them in Microsoft Word.
3. Selected the table, and right-click and click Table Properties.
4. Click the Table Tab.
5. In the Measure in list, under Size, select Inches.
6. Enter any numeric value - for example enter 4 - In the Prefered Width box
and then select the Prefered Width check box.
7 Click OK.

Challa Prabhu