Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
sewald113 sewald113 is offline

Default TOC - Page #formatting reverts to all 1's when doc is attachd to e

When I attach a doc to an email for forwarding, the page numbers in the TOC
of the attachment all change to the number 1. I opened the attached doc,
update the table and TOC page numbering corrects itself. Save doc and
reopen. Page #'s are all back to the number 1. Page number formating/update
won't save in attachment. Need to send this doc to a client. I appreciate
any help solving this mystery. Thank you!!

Word 2003
TOC Settings:
Show Page Numbers
From Template
3 Levels
Hyperlinks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

This usually results from the recipient's opening the document in Reading
Layout view. This view can be disabled on the General tab of Tools |
Options. There are therefore three solutions to the problem:

1. Suggest that the recipient disable Reading Layout view.

2. Suggest that the recipient not open the document directly from the
attachment but instead first save it to the HD and open it from there
(Reading Layout affects only attachments opened directly).

3. Suggest that the recipient update the TOC (F9) after opening, which will
correct the numbering.

"sewald113" wrote in message
news
When I attach a doc to an email for forwarding, the page numbers in the

TOC
of the attachment all change to the number 1. I opened the attached doc,
update the table and TOC page numbering corrects itself. Save doc and
reopen. Page #'s are all back to the number 1. Page number

formating/update
won't save in attachment. Need to send this doc to a client. I

appreciate
any help solving this mystery. Thank you!!

Word 2003
TOC Settings:
Show Page Numbers
From Template