Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Paul Gauci Paul Gauci is offline

Default Shading Tables Cells

Sometimes when I use the 'Borders and Shading ...'ShadingFill command the
cells or rows in question do not fill completely with the selected fill
colour, a white line appears parallel at the bottom (I do not recall whether
it also appears at the top) of the row, parallel and adjacent to the border.

I would like to know how to ensure that all the cells/rows are filled.
--
Paul Gauci
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The "Apply to" field in Format Borders and Shading Shading tab must be
set to "Cell" in order for the shading to always fill out the selected
cell(s).

Could it be that "Apply to" has been set to e.g. "Paragraph" in the
situations where you have seen the white space? This will result in white
space above and/or below the text if you have applied space above and/or
below the text in Format Paragraph. Also, if you have applied cell margins
(Table Table Properties Table tab Options), you will see white space
along the sides with margins.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

Shading Tables Cells Paul Gauci Tables 0 March 28th 07 01:07 AM
Shading Tables Cells Lene Fredborg Tables 0 March 28th 07 01:05 AM
Locked table/cells for shading tthomas Tables 2 August 23rd 05 02:57 PM
Shading cells based on content AOH Tables 2 December 16th 04 10:44 AM
Why is shading in the cells of tables in Word 11 not visible anymo Russell-joe Tables 1 December 8th 04 11:39 PM