Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jonh Jonh is offline

Default Words change into square boxes

I have just open my word file and most of words in my file change into square
boxes. I tried to change many fonts but it didn't work. Could you please help
me cause this is really an important doc? Thank
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com is offline

It sounds like the document may be corrupt. Try using "Open and Repair",
which is available (in Word 2003) as an option on the "Open" menu button in
the "Open" dialog box. If this doesn't resolve the problem, then you will
have to restore the document from the back-up copy that I'm sure you must
have made since it's "really an important doc".
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

"Jonh" wrote:

I have just open my word file and most of words in my file change into square
boxes. I tried to change many fonts but it didn't work. Could you please help
me cause this is really an important doc? Thank

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See whether €śWD2002: Symbol Characters Are Changed to Box Characters€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290978 may be relevant to your issue.

http://word.mvps.org