Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jonna Jonna is offline

Default square boxes instead of text

Have recently copied my word files to a DVD and when I tried to copy them
back onto the hard drive, I cannot read them. Instead of readable text,
square boxes are all I see???What has happended and what am I to do? I really
need my text files. /Jonna
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

The documents could be corrupt. Have you tried Open and Repair?

Note that *saving* to removable media is risky, if that's what you have been
doing. Copying (via Windows Explorer) is the way to do it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jonna" wrote in message
Have recently copied my word files to a DVD and when I tried to copy them
back onto the hard drive, I cannot read them. Instead of readable text,
square boxes are all I see???What has happended and what am I to do? I
really
need my text files. /Jonna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

I had this happen with some Word Perfect files that I converted to Word
(2000). Some text converted to squares. I had to select the text and change
the font through Format-font or through the Format-Styles-Format-Font...

"Jonna" wrote in message
Have recently copied my word files to a DVD and when I tried to copy them
back onto the hard drive, I cannot read them. Instead of readable text,
square boxes are all I see???What has happended and what am I to do? I
really
need my text files. /Jonna

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP DP is offline

....that should be FormatStyleModifyFormatFont(choose your
font)OkOkApply. (Word 2000)