acheejohn

Default Formatting - Wasn't there an option before

Wasn't there an option in the older versions of MSWord that allowed you to
select a format type from the menu and then your entire documnet, depending
on what format you chose, would then be "transformed" to look similar to the
format you selected. Again, that would have been for the entire doc not just
a selection of text.

Is that feature still avaialble in version 2003?

acheejohn

OK - I thought that was what it was called as well. Do you know how I can
"ATTACH" a template to an existing doc?

Thanks for the first reply Suzanne !

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It was the Template Gallery or some such thing. You can still attach
different templates to get different looks; there's just no gallery to give
you a preview of how the document will look.

"acheejohn" wrote in message
news
Wasn't there an option in the older versions of MSWord that allowed you to
select a format type from the menu and then your entire documnet,

depending
on what format you chose, would then be "transformed" to look similar to

the
format you selected. Again, that would have been for the entire doc not

just
a selection of text.

Is that feature still avaialble in version 2003?

acheejohn

Suzanne, after much digging I found what I was loooking for.

It can be launched from a Word Macro called FormatStyleGallery. I found
this when I opened up the Macros menu item and selected, from the drop down
list, Word Macros.

Thanks for helping me stay sane and confirming that there was indeed such a
feature.

Cheers !

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It was the Template Gallery or some such thing. You can still attach
different templates to get different looks; there's just no gallery to give
you a preview of how the document will look.

"acheejohn" wrote in message
news
Wasn't there an option in the older versions of MSWord that allowed you to
select a format type from the menu and then your entire documnet,

depending
on what format you chose, would then be "transformed" to look similar to

the
format you selected. Again, that would have been for the entire doc not

just
a selection of text.

Is that feature still avaialble in version 2003?

In Word 2003, there's actually a Style Gallery item in the Format category
in Tools | Customize, and in fact if I'd looked for "style gallery" in Help
instead of "template gallery," I would have found the Help topic "View or
apply styles with the Style Gallery"
(mk:@MSITStoC:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20Offi ce\OFFICE11\1033\wdmain11.
chm::/html/wohowUseStylesFromAnotherTemplateOrDocument1.htm) which tells me
that Style Gallery is on the menu under Format | Theme.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It was the Template Gallery or some such thing. You can still attach
different templates to get different looks; there's just no gallery to

give
you a preview of how the document will look.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"acheejohn" wrote in message
news
Wasn't there an option in the older versions of MSWord that allowed

you to
select a format type from the menu and then your entire documnet,

depending
on what format you chose, would then be "transformed" to look similar

format you selected. Again, that would have been for the entire doc

not
just
a selection of text.

Is that feature still avaialble in version 2003?

acheejohn

You know your stuff !!

That path takes me to the same place but it's ALWAYS good to know an
alternate method to the Macro I found. I actually assigned a button the the
macro now but will use both I expect.

Thanks again Suzanne for sharing your expertise !!!

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

It was the Template Gallery or some such thing. You can still attach
different templates to get different looks; there's just no gallery to

give
you a preview of how the document will look.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news Wasn't there an option in the older versions of MSWord that allowed