Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tiago Sanchez Tiago Sanchez is offline

Default Word Form issue: How to Protect and maintain the links from a Exce

I'ma having a problem with a word form.
I would like to protect a word form that I made and keep the original links
form a Excel file active.
the problem is that when I open the protected word file the links are gone.
The Word file doesn't keep the like when protected.
How can I portect the document and maintain the links?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What sort of link? If you copy the Excel section to the clipboard and paste
special as a link into Word, then the link will be maintained even if the
document is protected for forms - and while the Excel sheet remains open,
changes will be instantly reflected in the document.

Tiago Sanchez wrote:
I'ma having a problem with a word form.
I would like to protect a word form that I made and keep the original
links form a Excel file active.
the problem is that when I open the protected word file the links are
gone. The Word file doesn't keep the like when protected.
How can I portect the document and maintain the links?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tiago Sanchez[_2_] Tiago Sanchez[_2_] is offline

Default Word Form issue: How to Protect and maintain the links from a

Thanks Graham.
I used the past special an made paste link to link my Excel inf to word. It
work ok, but when I protect the word doc only possible to allow to fill some
forms that I want it doesn't work.
I same the word doc I open again and the links don't work.
Can you help me with this?
Thanks

Tiago Sanchez wrote:
I'ma having a problem with a word form.
I would like to protect a word form that I made and keep the original
links form a Excel file active.
the problem is that when I open the protected word file the links are
gone. The Word file doesn't keep the like when protected.
How can I portect the document and maintain the links?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The whole point of a protected form is that you can only enter data in form
fields. However if you have inserted a link as described, that link should
display the content of the relevant part of the Excel spreadsheet.

Tiago Sanchez wrote:
I'ma having a problem with a word form.
I would like to protect a word form that I made and keep the
original links form a Excel file active.
the problem is that when I open the protected word file the links
are gone. The Word file doesn't keep the like when protected.
How can I portect the document and maintain the links?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tiago Sanchez[_2_] Tiago Sanchez[_2_] is offline

I really want to protect my word doc(that is simple). But I also would like
to maintain the links active. If a protect the word doc the link is disabled
and doesn´t work any more unless I unprotect the document again.
Do I have an alternative?
Thanks