sarah via OfficeKB.com

Default page height help!!!!!

Recently when I create a new Word document, the page height is 9".

It used to be normal letter size.

I went into Page Setup and confirmed that the page size is letter - 8.5 X 11.

I made sure that my printer has letter size selected - my default printer.

I delete the normal.dot template in case it was corrupted. Word created a new
template normal.dot and page height is 9"

When I look at the 9" hight doc's page set up, it shows letter with 8.5"X11"
as the size. However visibly looking at the document and rulers - it shows 9"
as where the page ends.

I did not change anything that I am aware of on the computer. This just
happened. I have seen posts elsewhere on the net of this happening but no one
posted a solution.

Please help. Old saved word documents open correctly. Only when createing a
new blank doc do I have this prob.

Thanks!!!!!!

Anne Troy

Tools--Options, View tab. Turn ON "white space between pages".
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"sarah via OfficeKB.com" wrote in message
[...]

Jay Freedman

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 01:08:31 GMT, "sarah via OfficeKB.com"
wrote:

[...]

sarah via OfficeKB.com

Thank you everyone! I just tried what you each said - totally was the problem.
So glad to find this site. I spent hours trying to fix this - such an easy
fix. Thank you again so so so much. Did I say thanks?

Seriously though, that was the problem and I am good to go. Have a great
night!

sarah