Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Al Al is offline

Default shortcut keys and templates

How do I get the shortcut keys that I've set up in a template to be available
in the documents generated from that template?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Assuming that the shortcut keys are saved in the template, then, provided
the document is attached to the template and the template is available, the
shortcut keys will be available, but if the document is sent to someone who
doesn't have the template, they will not be available. You could save the
shortcut keys in the document, but this would likely not help. If the
recipient's Macro Security is set to High or Very High, the shortcut keys
will be disabled; if the security is set to Medium, they will trigger a
macro warning, and the recipient will likely disable them. They'd be
available only if the macro security were set to Low, which is unlikely.