essdee

Default word document or document template

I was playing around with the Properties of a Word document and all of a
sudden the icons on this and all my other saved Word documents, including the
Word icon on my desktop, changed from the blue and white "W" icon to the
Microsoft Office/Windows icon. What did I do and how can I change it back?
CyberTaz

It sounds like you reset the Opens With property to use some other type of
program to open Word files.

Right-Click any known Word document icon & select Properties. Click the
Change... button, the select Word in the list on the next dialog box. Make
sure there is a check in the box for 'Always use the selected program...'
then click OK in each dialog box.

HTH |:)

"essdee" wrote:

I was playing around with the Properties of a Word document and all of a
sudden the icons on this and all my other saved Word documents, including the
Word icon on my desktop, changed from the blue and white "W" icon to the
Microsoft Office/Windows icon. What did I do and how can I change it back?

On the Start menu, click Run. In the Open: box, type

winword /r

Note that there is a space before the forward slash. You may get a message
that Word has been reregistered or there may appear to be no effect, but
this will "reregister" Word, that is, reestablish its association with the
..doc and .dot file types in the Windows Registry.

"essdee" wrote in message
I was playing around with the Properties of a Word document and all of a
sudden the icons on this and all my other saved Word documents, including

the
Word icon on my desktop, changed from the blue and white "W" icon to the
Microsoft Office/Windows icon. What did I do and how can I change it

back?

Please add an outlining feature like WordPerfect's. zaffcomm Microsoft Word Help 1 September 20th 05 07:21 PM
Can Wordperfect templates be converted to Word template docs Terrill New Users 2 September 14th 05 09:14 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
WordPerfect keyboard macro>Word equivalent? Anty New Users 2 March 13th 05 06:23 PM