Frankie

Default Paste not working

Hi -

The paste function in Word has suddenly stopped working. I am able to use
CTRL+a and see that the text is being selected, but now, whether it's a word
doc or e-mail the selected text will not drop in -- it's just blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Have you tried shutting down and rebooting your computer?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Frankie" wrote in message
Hi -

The paste function in Word has suddenly stopped working. I am able to use
CTRL+a and see that the text is being selected, but now, whether it's a
word
doc or e-mail the selected text will not drop in -- it's just blank.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Herb Tyson [MVP]

Are you using the right technique or keystrokes?

1. Select the text you want to copy.

2. Press Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard.

3. Move to where you want the text pasted.

4. Press Ctrl+V

Does that work?

If not, then in Word, choose Edit - Office Clipboard. Do you see anyting
listed in the clipboard? Select some text in the current document (type some
first if the document is blank) and copy it to the clipboard. Does it show
up in the clipboard?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP