Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kooljay2 Kooljay2 is offline

Default How do I assign a macro to a command button

I created a Macro. I inserted a command button in the document. How do I link
the macro to the button? Thanks in advance. Using Word XP.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Word Heretic Word Heretic is offline

G'day Kooljay2 ,

look at the help for the MACROBUTTON field. It says something like:

MACROBUTTON "MyMacroName" Display text for the button

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic

Without prejudice

Kooljay2 reckoned:

I created a Macro. I inserted a command button in the document. How do I link
the macro to the button? Thanks in advance. Using Word XP.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?S29vbGpheTI=?=,

I created a Macro. I inserted a command button in the document. How do I link
the macro to the button? Thanks in advance. Using Word XP.

The simpler way is to use Tools/Customize/Commands, category macro. Drag the
macro to the toolbar (next to the button you made). Right-click your button and
"Copy Face". Right click the new button and "Paste Face" if you created a
special icon. Then remove your first button.

The only way to connect a macro with an existing button is to use another macro,
assigning the button's macro to the button's OnAction property. This is
possible, of course, but we don't have enough information to tell you the code
(the name of the toolbar and the caption of your button are required).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)