Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default font list

Is there a way to get a list of all the fonts used in a document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jun 1, 6:25*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Is there a way to get a list of all the fonts used in a document?

Did this get lost in the changeover?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Jun 1, 6:25*pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Is there a way to get a list of all the fonts used in a document?

Did this get lost in the changeover?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The transition into forums doesn't seem to be finished yet.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in message
On Jun 1, 6:25 pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:
Is there a way to get a list of all the fonts used in a document?

Did this get lost in the changeover?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

So there _isn't_ a way to get a list of all the fonts?

"Font Substitution" is quite handy -- but only if fonts in an acquired
document aren't installed in the system.

On Jun 2, 11:15*am, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
The transition into forums doesn't seem to be finished yet.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...
On Jun 1, 6:25 pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

Is there a way to get a list of all the fonts used in a document?

Did this get lost in the changeover?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

For .doc files (but not .docx), you can use the Recover Text from Any File
setting to open the file, and there is a list of fonts at the end. Be
careful not to save in text format.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:
The transition into forums doesn't seem to be finished yet.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in
On Jun 1, 6:25 pm, "Peter T. Daniels" wrote:

Is there a way to get a list of all the fonts used in a document?

Did this get lost in the changeover?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hmm. That's not much of a help. Though it would have been this time --
those Berkeley folk who don't believe in Styles also insisted on
a .doc not .docx file and wanted me to send every font that wasn't
TNR, so the way I located them was Find TNR Highlight All (or
whatever it's called), and check the font of the non-highlighted bits.
Of course they were just the fonts you get when you insert characters
in the Cherokee, Unified Syllabics, and Ethiopic ranges -- I didn't
need to go hunting for downloads of any of them. I also didn't send
SimSun -- I figured they can use whichever Japanese font they want!

On Jun 2, 10:26*pm, "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
For .doc files (but not .docx), you can use the Recover Text from Any File
setting to open the file, and there is a list of fonts at the end. Be
careful not to save in text format.

Fairhope, Alabama USAhttp://word.mvps.org

"Peter T. Daniels" wrote in ...