DaveDVF

Default Cannot Protect a Mail-Merge Form

Hello,

I cannot figure out how to protect a "mail-merged" document with Word2K3:

1. I created a new mail merge document (Word2K3) with just a couple of
fields from a local MS Access2K3 database sourceI created a form with fill-in
fields in Word 2003. (The data merge works fine, and displays the single
record I want)

2. I then add a couple of fill-in form fields and check boxes in the same
document.

3. When I select "Protect Document" (goal is to activiate my fill-in form
fields that are on this document) , everything in the Protect-Document task
pane is dormant or gray'ed out.

I have done this successfully in the past using Word2K2, but cannot get it
to work in Word 2K3. Anyone know hoe to get Word2K3 to protect a form that
has benn "mail-merged"??

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!!!

Thanks and Regards,

DaveDVF
Anne Troy

Hi, Dave. Are you still having a problem with this, then? Or is this post
outdated? I thought we handled it he
http://www.theofficeexperts.com/foru...ead.php?t=5157
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"DaveDVF" wrote in message
[...]

DaveDVF

Hi Anne,

Thanks again. Yes... was still having problems but just got it to work
finally.
Here is what finally did the trick.

I find that if you select "tools" and then "Protect Document", it brings up
a dormant task pane that does not let you protect the document.

Then I discovered the solution. On the "Forms" toollbar, you simply select
the Icon for "Protect Forms". This instantly protects the form and does not
bring up the task pane, which is dormant and will not allow you to advance.
Thus, I had to make the "Forms" toolbar visible, and then protect the
document from there.

Thanks again for working through this with me.

Regards and blessings!
DaveDVF

--
DaveDVF

"DaveDVF" wrote in message
[...]

Anne Troy

will not allow you to advance.
You know you need to put a checkbox in 2. Editing restrictions, and choose
Form fields. Then the fields aren't grayed out anymore. If you can protect
via the padlock, you should certainly be able to do so via the
Tools--Protect Document command.
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com