Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jl jl is offline

Default Major League Frustration!

This is really as much a rant as anything else. My office had developed a
new format for procedural instructions but had not issued a template for
same. Writing a new document of this type myself, I've walked into a
mountain of frustration in trying to work with formats and more importantly
styles in pre-numbered sequences. Nothing should be this freaking hard yet
it is and Word's "help" in this area really stinks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Rant about what? Writing is clearly not your strong point. Why not do
something at which you have at least a modicum of comptence?

"jl" wrote in message
This is really as much a rant as anything else. My office had developed a
new format for procedural instructions but had not issued a template for
same. Writing a new document of this type myself, I've walked into a
mountain of frustration in trying to work with formats and more
importantly
styles in pre-numbered sequences. Nothing should be this freaking hard
yet
it is and Word's "help" in this area really stinks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jl jl is offline

Stupid, mindless and personal attacks on individuals in these
forums defeat their otherwise productive purpose. You'd do
well to stay away and out. I'd suggest you do just that.

Does this demonstrate an acceptable modicum of competence
for you?

jl

"jl" wrote in message
This is really as much a rant as anything else. My office had developed a
new format for procedural instructions but had not issued a template for
same. Writing a new document of this type myself, I've walked into a
mountain of frustration in trying to work with formats and more
importantly
styles in pre-numbered sequences. Nothing should be this freaking hard
yet
it is and Word's "help" in this area really stinks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See if this helps--
How to set up Outline Numbering:
http://shaunakelly.com/word/numberin...Numbering.html

jl wrote:
This is really as much a rant as anything else. My office had developed a
new format for procedural instructions but had not issued a template for
same. Writing a new document of this type myself, I've walked into a
mountain of frustration in trying to work with formats and more importantly
styles in pre-numbered sequences. Nothing should be this freaking hard yet
it is and Word's "help" in this area really stinks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
jl jl is offline

Daiya:

Appreciate this reference. Looks like a great guide that I will
be reading and trying as I write this.

Thanks!

Jeff Lynch

jl wrote:
This is really as much a rant as anything else. My office had developed a
new format for procedural instructions but had not issued a template for
same. Writing a new document of this type myself, I've walked into a
mountain of frustration in trying to work with formats and more importantly
styles in pre-numbered sequences. Nothing should be this freaking hard yet
it is and Word's "help" in this area really stinks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Not remotely. But at least you proof-read your second post, which is
something of an improvement. Keep trying. Perhaps when you grow up you'll
understand what it's all about.