Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Steve[_19_] Steve[_19_] is offline

Default HOWTO: Protecting a Document???

Hi...

I'm still using Office XP (Word 2002). I'm just about finished making a
FORM document which I plan to turn into a template (.DOT).

I've turned on the "Forms Protect"... which moves the user around the
"protected text" but I also want to disable anyone from changing the
original .DOT itself (this will be a standard form and don't need some
smart-ass altering something that I'm, ultimately, responsible for).

I'm still GOOGLE'g but... how can I allow a user to OPEN this file to enter
data/check boxes into the FORM FIELDS... but ensure they cannot turn (forms)
"protect" OFF and start changing the NON-form parts of this
document/template???

Thanks in advance,
Steve