Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
janny janny is offline

Default page set up/layout

When trying to give command (word 2003) for landscape page layout, with
gutter margin for booklet, after clicking ok, page reverts to portrait size
with no margins. What am I doing wrong please? Many thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

First, I think you are interpreting "no margins" because you've accidentally
hidden what's referred to as "White Space" - see:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm

Re the orientation - take a look at your rulers after tending to the whit
space issue. I believe you'll find that you're seeing only 1/2 of the
landscape page which may be giving the impression that it has reverted to
portrait. Confirm this in Page Setup... If the orientation *is* reverting to
Portrait, please post back.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/23/07 3:31 PM, in article
, "janny"
wrote:

When trying to give command (word 2003) for landscape page layout, with
gutter margin for booklet, after clicking ok, page reverts to portrait size
with no margins. What am I doing wrong please? Many thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
janny janny is offline

many thank for reply, but I still cannot get the page orientation to stay on
landscape - I am so frustrated!

wrote:

When trying to give command (word 2003) for landscape page layout, with
gutter margin for booklet, after clicking ok, page reverts to portrait size
with no margins. What am I doing wrong please? Many thanks for any help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When you choose "Book fold" the orientation changes to Landscape because the
booklet will have two portrait pages on a landscape sheet (and what you see
is the portrait page, not the landscape sheet). There is no option to create
a booklet with landscape pages side by side, but you can manually create a
booklet with landscape pages top and bottom using the "2 pages per sheet"
setting with Portrait orientation (which gives you two landscape pages).
You'd need to manually select the appropriate page number pairs when
printing in order to create the booklet.