Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
cdouglas cdouglas is offline

Default table breaking across two pages

I'm working on a document 12 pages long. Each page includes a table. The
tables are only 4.6 to 6" long. When I add a row or type text into a row so
that the row becomes larger, the table splits and goes across two pages even
though I can see no reason why it should. The text on the two pages is still
less than 3/4 of a full page. Margins are set at .6"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Douglas

cdouglas wrote:
I'm working on a document 12 pages long. Each page includes a table. The
tables are only 4.6 to 6" long. When I add a row or type text into a row so
that the row becomes larger, the table splits and goes across two pages even
though I can see no reason why it should. The text on the two pages is still
less than 3/4 of a full page. Margins are set at .6"

Most likely: the text in all (or at least in the the last) row(s) of
your table has the paragraph property "Keep with next" set? Then Word
tries to not separate the last table row from the next paragraph.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS