Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
epifstc epifstc is offline

Default Customize not displayed in Tools menu

Various MS Word 2003 help instructions direct the user to Tools Customize
yet "Customize" is not showing up in my MSW Tools menu? How do I find it and
make sure it shows up on that menu in the future?

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oreMenuCmd.htm. Note,
however, that there are several other ways to access the dialog, some of
them much more efficient. In order of efficiency:

1. Double-click on an empty area of any toolbar.

2. Right-click on any toolbar or the Menu Bar and choose Customize...

3. View | Toolbars | Customize...

4. Click on the arrow at the end of any toolbar and choose Add or Remove
Buttons | Customize...

"epifstc" wrote in message
Various MS Word 2003 help instructions direct the user to Tools

Customize
yet "Customize" is not showing up in my MSW Tools menu? How do I find it

and
make sure it shows up on that menu in the future?

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mcowan mcowan is offline

Within the last two weeks, at work I've had the issue of the Customize option
either disappearing from my menus or coming up as greyed out. (Does NOT
appear on View Toolbars. Comes up greyed out on Tools. Also if I click
the list arrow on any tool bar ... then click Add or Remove Buttons ...
Customize and my custom toolbars are also greyed out.)

There seems to be nothing I can do to get them back.
(This appears to have happened when I was given accesses to a new group ...
and that group has it's own custom toolbar that "inflicts" itself onto ALL my
MS Office toolbars; however, the only one it rekes havoc with is my MS Word
toolbar. I can get Customize to show up in Excel, PPT, Visio, and Publisher!)
At the same time this started happening, I also can no longer get to
normal.dot to delete it.

Do you have any ideas on what I can do to get this item back?

My customer support person is also baffled ...

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mcowan mcowan is offline

I'm having the same problem and my attempt to post a reply apparently didn't
work for some reason.

None of the suggestions listed seem to work ... since the Customize option
is either missing or greyed out (depending on how I try to get to the option).

Any thoughts would be MOST appreciated!