Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tkoudman tkoudman is offline

Default Sending documents from Word 2007 to friends with Word 2006

I'm not a computer person at all and just got a new laptop with Microsoft
Office with Word 2007. I have tried to send two friends documents from my
computer and they both have Word 2006 and said they weren't able to open it.
One friend said 2006 and 2007 are not compatible. Help!! I'm really
frusterated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
GreenieLeBrun GreenieLeBrun is offline

tkoudman wrote:
I'm not a computer person at all and just got a new laptop with
Microsoft Office with Word 2007. I have tried to send two friends
documents from my computer and they both have Word 2006 and said they
weren't able to open it. One friend said 2006 and 2007 are not
compatible. Help!! I'm really frusterated!

No such thing as Word 2006, you probably mean 2003.

Use the "Save As" facility in 2007 and save the files in the older format or
have your friends either purchase 2007 or install the viewers from
Microsoft.

Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007
File Formats
or use http://tinyurl.com/y5w78r