Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ken Ken is offline

Default Why is Mark Grammar Errors greyed out in Word Proofing?

Why is Mark Grammar Errors greyed out in Word Proofing?
Als greyed out is Check Grammar, and Show Readability.
--
Thank you in advance for your time.

Regards,
Ken
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In Word 2007, open a document that has this problem, press Ctrl+A to
select all of the text, click on Review tab | Proofing group: Set
Language | choose your language | uncheck the "Detect language
automatically" and "Do not check spelling or grammar" boxes | Default |
OK. The option to "Show readability statistics" is only available when
"Check grammar with spelling" is selected.

Ken wrote:

Why is Mark Grammar Errors greyed out in Word Proofing?
Als greyed out is Check Grammar, and Show Readability.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

GrahamCracker, my reply was addressed to Ken, not you. It is poor
netiquette to hijack other people's questions for your unrelated
problem. It is also poor netiquette to yammer the same question
separately, repeatedly, redundantly, and incessantly in every newsgroup
hosted by your ISP like you did, because doing so will more likely get
you ignored rather than answered.

Ken wrote:

Why is Mark Grammar Errors greyed out in Word Proofing?
Als greyed out is Check Grammar, and Show Readability.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Grahamcracker Grahamcracker is offline

Sorry i didn't understand the rules. since my problem was the same as his,
and i got no answer i thought is was ok. now i know better, thanks.i didn't
realize i was being insistant just desparate. i'll just shut up and find
some other program.
thanks for your time. RG

Ken wrote:

Why is Mark Grammar Errors greyed out in Word Proofing?
Als greyed out is Check Grammar, and Show Readability.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ken Ken is offline

Some of the checkboxes like "Detect language automatically" and "Do not check
spelling or grammar" did not seem to be available. I began to suspect that
the original installation did not go right, so I completely un-installed MS
Office 2007 and then re-installed it this time from a source directory on a
server rather than a CD. Then the Word 2007 Proofing tools appeared as
advertised and began to function normally.

Once again, I appreciate your time on this matter.

Regards,
Ken