Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Catrina Catrina is offline

Default Turn Off Updating of Ref Fields in Word 2007

I have a document that someone used Ref fields to link to bookmarked figures
and hyperlinked them to the paragragh thus inserting a copy of the figure
everywhere they inserted the field. I unlinked the extra graphics from the
paragraph but not from the actual text e.g. "Figure VII 2-2." Now the
document has updated all of the fields and reinserted the figures back in.
If it was one or two no big deal but we are talking about probably 75-100
extra graphics being inserted into the document. I need to turn off the Auto
Updating of Fields on Save or whenever the heck it does it so that I can
remove all these Ref fields.
--
Catrina