Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OE OE is offline

Default Merging documents

I have three documents based on three separate templates. I would now like
to merge them into one document so that I can make a Table of Contents.

Unfortunately, some of the styles are not formatted the same way, e.g.
Heading 3, Heading 4, ...etc are not the same in Template 1 and Template 3.

Is it possible to overcome this problem, perhaps by renaming the existing
styles?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DanielWalters6 DanielWalters6 is offline

simple merging documents in a doddle.

Open Document one that you want to have as the First document in the sequence.

Scroll to the bottom and place the cursor and the end of your text.

Insert File Browse to file. Click okay. This will simple add it into
your document, where the cursor was.

You can then repeat this for your third document you want to add into it.
----
I'm no formatting expert, However...

Open document one and set all of the styles with the style names that you
want to use.

Open document two, and set these style names to "Doc2Style1" or something
that identifys them.

Then for document three, "Doc3Style1" "doc3style2..."

After merging the documents, you should have a fairly large list of document
formatting styles.

Take DOC2STYLE1 and get MS Word to select all text formatted in this way,
and then choose to assign STYLE 1 from document one to this text.

By repeating thsi a few times, all your text should be formatted in a
similar way.

hope this helps.
--

Dan Walters

Merging documents Katie Mailmerge 1 August 9th 06 09:36 PM
merging documents Al New Users 5 July 22nd 06 10:47 PM
Merging documents et New Users 1 April 15th 06 07:40 PM
merging many documents dew New Users 3 January 23rd 06 08:01 PM
Merging Documents Shannon Mailmerge 3 August 3rd 05 04:17 PM