Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve[_8_] Steve[_8_] is offline

Default Paste unformatted text

Using Word 2000. I want to change CTRL-V to default to unformatted
text. Tried the macro posted at

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...429611033.aspx

Customized the keyboard, but it does not appear to work - still
getting formatted text with CTRL-V.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

....Steve

--

A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to.

....Granville Hicks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You can create a macro that pastes as unformatted text:

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub

and then assign the macro to a toolbar button or a keyboard shortcut to
make it easy to run. See:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...oToToolbar.htm
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...roToHotkey.htm .

Steve wrote:

Using Word 2000. I want to change CTRL-V to default to unformatted
text. Tried the macro posted at

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...429611033.aspx

Customized the keyboard, but it does not appear to work - still
getting formatted text with CTRL-V.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

...Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Hi Steve,

And since the macro from the Office website should have worked as well,
maybe check if you assigned the keyboard shortcut correctly:
Type Ctrl + Alt + Num+ (where Num+ is the "+" key on the numeric keypad at
the right side of your keyboard).
Your cursor should turn into a cloverleaf ("control symbol").
Now use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V.

The dialog (ToolsCustomizeKeyboardShortcut) that appears should show the
macro you assigned to Ctrl+V ("PasteUnformattedText" if you used the Office
website macro, "PasteUnfText" if you used Garfield-n-Odie's macro).
If the dialog shows "EditPaste", look again at the steps to assign keyboard
shortcuts on the Office side or the links Garfield-n-Odie gave.

Regards,
Klaus

"Steve" wrote:
Using Word 2000. I want to change CTRL-V to default to unformatted
text. Tried the macro posted at

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...429611033.aspx

Customized the keyboard, but it does not appear to work - still
getting formatted text with CTRL-V.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

...Steve

--

A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to.

...Granville Hicks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve[_9_] Steve[_9_] is offline

"Klaus Linke" wrote:
And since the macro from the Office website should have worked as well,
maybe check if you assigned the keyboard shortcut correctly:
Type Ctrl + Alt + Num+ (where Num+ is the "+" key on the numeric keypad at
the right side of your keyboard).
Your cursor should turn into a cloverleaf ("control symbol").

CtrlAlt+ brings up the Customize Keyboard dialox box, cursor doesn't
change. Must be doing something wrong?

"Steve" wrote:
Using Word 2000. I want to change CTRL-V to default to unformatted
text. Tried the macro posted at

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...429611033.aspx

Customized the keyboard, but it does not appear to work - still
getting formatted text with CTRL-V.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

...Steve

--

A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to.

...Granville Hicks

--

Acquaintance: A person we know well enough to borrow from,
but not well enough to lend to.

....Ambrose Bierce
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles W Davis Charles W Davis is offline

Steve, I use a little program called PureText. It has an icon on the
Notification Area, that when clicked removes all formatting from the
clipboard.
You can also set up a hot key using PureText for pasting unformatted text.
http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/
"Steve" wrote in message
news

"Steve" wrote:
Using Word 2000. I want to change CTRL-V to default to unformatted
text. Tried the macro posted at

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...429611033.aspx

Customized the keyboard, but it does not appear to work - still
getting formatted text with CTRL-V.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

...Steve

--

A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to.

...Granville Hicks

--

Acquaintance: A person we know well enough to borrow from,
but not well enough to lend to.

...Ambrose Bierce

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What are the results, when you test the Ctrl+V shortcut in the Customize
Keyboard dialog box then? Place the insertion point in the "Press new
shortcut key" box and type Ctrl V. What command is listed at "Currently
assigned to"?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Steve" wrote:
Using Word 2000. I want to change CTRL-V to default to unformatted
text. Tried the macro posted at

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/he...429611033.aspx

Customized the keyboard, but it does not appear to work - still
getting formatted text with CTRL-V.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

...Steve

--

A censor is a man who knows more than he thinks you ought to.

...Granville Hicks

--

Acquaintance: A person we know well enough to borrow from,
but not well enough to lend to.

....Ambrose Bierce

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dennis Dennis is offline

I downloaded Puretext. Very nice! Now I don't have to use Paste Special
anymore. thanks Steve Miller!

"Charles W Davis" wrote:

Steve, I use a little program called PureText. It has an icon on the
Notification Area, that when clicked removes all formatting from the
clipboard.
You can also set up a hot key using PureText for pasting unformatted text.
http://www.stevemiller.net/puretext/
"Steve" wrote in message
news