Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ProfBrainard ProfBrainard is offline

Default help! making form with subsections/subdocuments

HELP!!

I'm trying to create a form tht will be easier for management and the little
guys to use. THere are many that are not comfortable with computeres here.

I'm trying to make the form have three distinct sections on the first page
(it is a memo):
The Header containing the to whom, date, sublect, etc.
The Body: where the reason is written, observations, suggestions, etc. This
section can be lengthy.
The summary: at the bottom of the first page, where management enters an
executive summary of everthing that is written in the body, plus their spin.
MUST BE ON PAGE 1!

How can I limit the length of the body and have it automatically continue on
page 2, independant on the lenght of the executive summary at the bottom. Is
subforms the way to go? Or can it be done using sections?

I don't want to create a footer for the summary, unless Ihave to. I'm not
sure if Mangement can handle it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

I would do it this way.

For the first section, I'd create a table with two columns and several rows.
One row for each item: To, From, Date, etc. First column is the header,
second column is the text. The table would have fixed-height rows (depends on
how long the To and CC lists might get). Column widths would not
automatically adjust for content. This would give a farily solid by friendly
area for the standard info.

For the second section, nothing special. Just the body of the document.

For the third section (the executive summary) a frame with the Executive
Summary heading and a handful of blank paras in it. Horizontal position is
left relative to the margin, with 0 inches distance from text. Vertical
position is bottom relative to margin, with 0.3 inches of distance from the
text. The anchor is positioned in the first row and column of the table and
then locked. The frame width and height are auto.

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ProfBrainard ProfBrainard is offline

Thanks. While I was waiting for a responce, I did just that. Guess I was
over thinking it and making it harder than it needed to be.

I've tried it out, and it seems to be working.

Thanks again.
Prof B.

"Bear" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

FAQ on how to create a letterhead on just the front page.
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

This will show you how to create a single page template that holds different
layout for the subsequent pages.

The Executive Summary being always on page 1 may be a little trickier. How
big is the Exec Summary?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP