Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
idsrvitduthink idsrvitduthink is offline

Default microsoft outlook email doesnt work

If anyone can help me, I am trying to get my email to work. I have the
microsoft student edition and when I try to send an email through microsoft a
window automatically pops up with an error stating something about pop3. I
have been to microsoft help and it says that I need to select tools and
select email, but on my tool bar there is not an email selection. If someone
could help me get my microsoft email up and running without my mail never
being sent and returned all the time, I would really appreciate it. Also Im
not too sure how I will be able to check responses I hope I can read your
reponses. Isince I do not know how to even access my microsoft email because
the pop3 error comes up immediately.
Thank you for any advice
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

The website of your internet service provider should give the information you
need to set up Outlook correctly. Setting up the Account in Outlook 2003 you
start by selecting Tools | Email Accounts. You can test the account when it
is set up to see if it is working. Meanwhile you should be able to access
your email through the website of your service provider.
--
Rae Drysdale

"idsrvitduthink" wrote:

If anyone can help me, I am trying to get my email to work. I have the
microsoft student edition and when I try to send an email through microsoft a
window automatically pops up with an error stating something about pop3. I
have been to microsoft help and it says that I need to select tools and
select email, but on my tool bar there is not an email selection. If someone
could help me get my microsoft email up and running without my mail never
being sent and returned all the time, I would really appreciate it. Also Im
not too sure how I will be able to check responses I hope I can read your
reponses. Isince I do not know how to even access my microsoft email because
the pop3 error comes up immediately.
Thank you for any advice

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
idsrvitduthink idsrvitduthink is offline

Hi rae, Im confused because my toolbar like I said does not have a selection
for email accounts. I must be doing some thing wrong, Im new to this computer
stuff =)
would my isp provider be comcast? Im sorry if I sound dumb, im really lost.

"idsrvitduthink" wrote:

If anyone can help me, I am trying to get my email to work. I have the
microsoft student edition and when I try to send an email through microsoft a
window automatically pops up with an error stating something about pop3. I
have been to microsoft help and it says that I need to select tools and
select email, but on my tool bar there is not an email selection. If someone
could help me get my microsoft email up and running without my mail never
being sent and returned all the time, I would really appreciate it. Also Im
not too sure how I will be able to check responses I hope I can read your
reponses. Isince I do not know how to even access my microsoft email because
the pop3 error comes up immediately.
Thank you for any advice

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
idsrvitduthink idsrvitduthink is offline

Oh by the way, I can see my email on my regular isp but when I am switched
over automatically to microsoft, i am unable to return mail at all or use
microsoft period,
Jenna

"idsrvitduthink" wrote:

If anyone can help me, I am trying to get my email to work. I have the
microsoft student edition and when I try to send an email through microsoft a
window automatically pops up with an error stating something about pop3. I
have been to microsoft help and it says that I need to select tools and
select email, but on my tool bar there is not an email selection. If someone
could help me get my microsoft email up and running without my mail never
being sent and returned all the time, I would really appreciate it. Also Im
not too sure how I will be able to check responses I hope I can read your
reponses. Isince I do not know how to even access my microsoft email because
the pop3 error comes up immediately.
Thank you for any advice

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Under Tools Menu in OUTLOOK there is an ACCOUNTS setting tool. This is where
you create the account as per your ISP's instructions. Outlook is the email
client, not Word.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"idsrvitduthink" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"idsrvitduthink" wrote in message
Oh by the way, I can see my email on my regular isp but when I am switched
over automatically to microsoft,

And what, precisely, do you mean by "automatically switched over" to
Microsoft?