Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Purpleflyingcows

Default how do i stop big gaps in documents when using numbered bullets?

I am having a problem in MS Word 2003 where when I am using numbered bullets
if the paragraphs are really long, they do not split over a page and
subsequentally I have large gaps at the bottom of each page.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Are you using the built-in heading styles to create a numbered
outline? Then turn off the "Keep with next" option (enabled by default
for the heading styles).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Purpleflyingcows" wrote in message
I am having a problem in MS Word 2003 where when I am using numbered
bullets
if the paragraphs are really long, they do not split over a page and
subsequentally I have large gaps at the bottom of each page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Purpleflyingcows

Default how do i stop big gaps in documents when using numbered bullet

Thanks Stefan. Where do I find the 'keep with next' option to turn it off?
Thanks

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

Are you using the built-in heading styles to create a numbered
outline? Then turn off the "Keep with next" option (enabled by default
for the heading styles).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Purpleflyingcows" wrote in message
I am having a problem in MS Word 2003 where when I am using numbered
bullets
if the paragraphs are really long, they do not split over a page and
subsequentally I have large gaps at the bottom of each page.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Display the Modify Style dialog box (see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html),
click the Format button, click Paragraph, and then click
the Line and Page Breaks tab. Clear "Keep with next" (and
indeed also "Page break before", if it is enabled).

Note that if numbering was not applied with styles, you
have to use Format | Paragraph to access "Keep with next"
and the other text flow options.