Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dcalland dcalland is offline

Default lost document

I was working on a response for my PhD paper in word, I saved multiple times
throughout the work. When I close the document, it did not give any
indication through warnngs etc that I needed to save again, plus I received
no warnings when trying to save the doc throughout the day....I closed the
operation, got home and it is gone.....please help me....I spent hours
working on it but have no idea where it has gone...doesnt the software save a
ghost copy somewhere?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TedMi TedMi is offline

If you were saving it multiple times, then most likely it got saved in a
folder other than the one you expected. Do a search of your default hard disk
for the name of your doc file.
--
TedMi

"dcalland" wrote:

I was working on a response for my PhD paper in word, I saved multiple times
throughout the work. When I close the document, it did not give any
indication through warnngs etc that I needed to save again, plus I received
no warnings when trying to save the doc throughout the day....I closed the
operation, got home and it is gone.....please help me....I spent hours
working on it but have no idea where it has gone...doesnt the software save a
ghost copy somewhere?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Was this something you emailed back and forth to yourself?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"dcalland" wrote in message
I was working on a response for my PhD paper in word, I saved multiple
times
throughout the work. When I close the document, it did not give any
indication through warnngs etc that I needed to save again, plus I
received
no warnings when trying to save the doc throughout the day....I closed the
operation, got home and it is gone.....please help me....I spent hours
working on it but have no idea where it has gone...doesnt the software
save a
ghost copy somewhere?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dcalland dcalland is offline

Yes....I even did a 'search' with a word 'annotated' and it came back with
nothing....I had left the document up on my computer screen overnight, I had
18 pages on the screen at the bottom of the document showing....I saved it
and emailed it to myself, but all of the work I had done in adding to the
origninal 8 pages was not part of the document - I even went back to my work
computer to see if it was there.....this has been devastating.

"dcalland" wrote in message
I was working on a response for my PhD paper in word, I saved multiple
times
throughout the work. When I close the document, it did not give any
indication through warnngs etc that I needed to save again, plus I
received
no warnings when trying to save the doc throughout the day....I closed the
operation, got home and it is gone.....please help me....I spent hours
working on it but have no idea where it has gone...doesnt the software
save a
ghost copy somewhere?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you opened the attachment directly instead of saving it to your HD
first, then every time you saved you were saving it to a temp folder, from
which it was deleted when you quit Word or your mail client.

Lost Document Dan Dilly New Users 1 June 15th 07 10:10 AM
Lost Document mcp6453 Microsoft Word Help 2 August 22nd 05 05:30 PM
I have lost my lost the "Insert Auto Text" in Header/Footer Jim Henderson New Users 5 April 8th 05 12:22 AM
lost unsaved data from word 2002 is it lost permenantly? pearl Microsoft Word Help 2 February 5th 05 06:02 AM
Lost document Steve Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 02:29 AM