GrandMaMa

Default Queries Window Missing on Mail Merge

I have four PC's at the high school offices. One of them will not display the
queries Window when I go to select a query I am using for a form letter.

This works on three machines, but not the fourth.

I tried the following solution, but it did not work.

A workaround is to revert to the old DDE connection mechanism - to do this,
check Word Tools|Options|General|"Confirm conversions at open" and reconnect
to the .mdb. After you have selected the .mdb in "Select Data SOurce" you
will see a dialog box listing connection methods - choose the one with
Access and DDE in it.""

If that doesn't help, you may want to try googling the Access or Word
communities specifically, using:

http://groups.google.com/groupÂ*s?hl...-8&Â*group=mic...

Also the above link is no longer available. I have worked on this for about
three weeks, does anyone have an idea different than the one above that might
work.

Windows 2000 Professional and Office 2000 are installed.

Thanks in Advance

Granny
Peter Jamieson

Since you are using Word 2000, my best guess is that one of your systems is
set up so that the "Open Data Source" has a checkbox called "Select method"
checked, and that in that case, you select an "ODBC" option. If you select
the "DDE" option instead, you may see the query you are looking for.

(In Office/Word 2000 there is no 'Word Tools|Options|General|"Confirm
conversions at open"' option. That came along in Word 2002/2003. There is a
checkbox in the "Open Data Source" dialog box called ""Select method" which
has the same effect.

However, it sounds to me as if you have /tried to select DDE, so can you
described what you are actually seeing when you try to select the query -
e.g., does Access appear?

Peter Jamieson

http://groups.google.com/group*s?hl=...F-8&*group=mic...