Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default Changing "Normal.dot"

If you are referring to the ribbon, you cannot get rid of it. But see
http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribbon...r/download.php.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tommy C" wrote in message
Thank you for the lesson Stephan, I tried researching it several ways and
you
made it real easy to change font style and size. The question now is, do I
lose the other features that Word 2007 has to offer?
--
See Y''all

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

To change the default fonts, you can do the following: On the Home tab,
click Change Styles | Style Set | Word 2003. Then click Change Styles |
Fonts | Office Classic. To save these new settings to the attached
template,
click Change Styles | Set as Default. If/when you are prompted to save
your
template, choose to do so.

To change the margins, click the Page Layout tab. In the Page Setup
group,
click the dialog launcher button (the arrow on the bottom right). Specify
the desired margins, and then click the Default button. Again, if/when
Word
prompts you to save the template, do so.

The units of measurement can be specified in Office button | Word
Options,
Advanced category.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"FranOnTheEdge" wrote in
message
Hi,

I'm completely new to Word 2007 and hating every minute of it.

I am used to 2003, but even there I have it - had it - adjusted to my
layout, my sight, my way of working.

My question is:
How do I adjust what used to be "Normal.dot" and save the changes so
that
all my new documents arrive already the way I want them instead of this
hopeless mess that MS seems to think is what we should be using?

I need to be able to adjust the text to arrive as Times New Roman, at
font
size 16 or 14.

(what the heck is Calibri?)

I need the margins adjusted so I'm not continually wasting most of the
page
with nothing on it, (usually .3" or .5")

I need the measurements in inches, not cms...

I need lots of things changed - so you can see why I need to change
"Normal.dot" otherwise I'm spending most of my working time changing
each
and
every document before I can even begin!

Please, please, can someone help?