buck-o

Default Word question?

My curser disappears when I'm typing. How do I make it always show?
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Go into your Control Panel and click the Mouse Icon. Click the Pointer
Options tab and uncheck the option that says "Hide pointer while
typing."

If that option was not selected, then you may have a video driver
problem. Check out this article to learn how to lower your hardware
accelerator to see if you need to upgrade your video driver...

Maintaining Your Computer
http://www.mousetrax.com/maintain.html

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 05:55:07 -0800, buck-o
wrote:

My curser disappears when I'm typing. How do I make it always show?

buck-o

It's not my mouse pointer that disappears, it's the curser that shows where
I'm typing. The little black bar that either flashes or stays solid. It just
goes away and I can't seem to make it stay there.

My curser disappears when I'm typing. How do I make it always show?

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Did you try tuning down your hardware accelerator as suggested in the
article? It could be that your system is trying to preserve resources?
Give it a shot, it may prove that you need to update your video
driver.

Good luck!

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant