jbuchan6

Default I keep getting an error message that DVZaddin.dll is missing.

I keep getting an error message that DVZaddin.dll is missing. How do I fix
this error?

This add-in belongs to DataViz. You probably have a global template (*.dot)
or add-in (*.wll) loading when you start Word, and it is calling
DVZaddin.dll. Check Tools | Templates and Add-ins for a likely culprit and
remove it from Word's Startup folder.

"jbuchan6" wrote in message
I keep getting an error message that DVZaddin.dll is missing. How do I

fix
this error?

deb30307

i tried to fix the same problem, but i can't seem to find where i'm supposed
to find the dataviz templates in the startup folder for word to remove them.
i see on tools-templates&addins where this is checked, but my computer won't
let me remove it from that page. did you have to remove dataviz completely
from your computer?

"jbuchan6" wrote:

I keep getting an error message that DVZaddin.dll is missing. How do I fix
this error?

When you see the DataViz add-in in Tools | Templates and Add-ins, you should
be able to get the full path for it. It will be either in Word's Startup
folder or in the Office Startup folder. That's where you need to delete (or
move) it from. No, you don't need to uninstall DataViz.