LynninMinnesota

Default Duplexing part of a document

I am doing a set of merge documents. I would like to combine them, so they
are all collated and ready to send. I have a one page letter and a three
page survey. I combined them into one document.

This is what I am trying to do:
1. Print the first page on letterhead, and the rest on plain paper -- no
problem there;
2. Print the next three pages duplex -- big problem here.

I can't get the duplex to do just part of the document. If I have to have
the two items in separate documents, I will have to manually collate them.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your help.
Charles Kenyon

Duplexing is a printer option rather than something set in the Word page
setup dialog. Sorry.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"LynninMinnesota" wrote in
message ...
I am doing a set of merge documents. I would like to combine them, so they
are all collated and ready to send. I have a one page letter and a three
page survey. I combined them into one document.

This is what I am trying to do:
1. Print the first page on letterhead, and the rest on plain paper -- no
problem there;
2. Print the next three pages duplex -- big problem here.

I can't get the duplex to do just part of the document. If I have to have
the two items in separate documents, I will have to manually collate them.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Don

Why not have the first letter print duplexed also? Just have the second
sheet a blank page. You should be able to do that easily with section breaks
and not have to do returns to the bottom. I do that all the time on my
Laserjet.

"LynninMinnesota" wrote:

I am doing a set of merge documents. I would like to combine them, so they
are all collated and ready to send. I have a one page letter and a three
page survey. I combined them into one document.

This is what I am trying to do:
1. Print the first page on letterhead, and the rest on plain paper -- no
problem there;
2. Print the next three pages duplex -- big problem here.

I can't get the duplex to do just part of the document. If I have to have
the two items in separate documents, I will have to manually collate them.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Graham Mayor

You *may* be able to achieve this with PRINT fields on the relevant pages to
switch duplex on and off - if your printer driver accepts PCL commands. A
PRINT field is simply a type of field that allows you to send instructions
directly to the printer.

There are 3 possible data values for duplex setting: PRINT 27"&l0S" simplex
PRINT 27"&l1S" vertical duplex . PRINT 27"&l2S" horizontal duplex
(bookformat)

The codes after PRINT are 27 (escape), double quote, ampersand, lowercase L,
0, 1 or 2, uppercase S and finally terminated with a double quote.

Thus for horizontal duplex you would insert the following field :
{ PRINT 27"&l2S" }