Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aragorn aragorn is offline

Default re-install office on new computer

Hello, I have a MS Office Enterprise 2007 single-computer license. I
installed it on my new Dell laptop and now I have a hardware issue. Dell is
going to ship me a new laptop (like replacement) and I need to return the
faulty laptop. My single-use Office license was already activated and used on
the faulty laptop. Now, when I install Office once again on the new
replacement laptop, would I run into license issues because I would be using
the same product key? If yes, is there a way I can notify Microsoft that I'd
like to de-activate Office on the faulty laptop? Any help or suggestions are
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This is not at all uncommon. Uninstall from the other computer, if possible
(it's defective, so it might not be possible, right?). When you install
Office on the replacement laptop, if activation gives you grief, then use
the telephone activation method, and explain to the phone person what
happened.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible