Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diane Diane is offline

Default Issues with Installing Word Viewer and Office 2007??

Windows XP Pro - A client of mine has an Access 2002 application that uses
word to print reports. They do not have a maintenance contract with the
vendor. She is now using a new system with Office 2007 (she did not upgrade
Access). The application no longer prints the reports. Word 2007 opens, you
can see the report, it closes out of Word but no report prints. There are no
docs in the print queue. No errors are generated. I am wondering whether I
can install the Word Viewer along with Office 2007 to try to remedy the
issue. I have no knowledge of Access programming so I do not know how it
hooks into Word.

Can anyone advise whether this is worth trying or will it conflict with Word
2007 and cause other problems.

Thanks for your help and advice.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Diane

Diane wrote:
Windows XP Pro - A client of mine has an Access 2002 application that uses
word to print reports. They do not have a maintenance contract with the
vendor. She is now using a new system with Office 2007 (she did not upgrade
Access). The application no longer prints the reports. Word 2007 opens, you
can see the report, it closes out of Word but no report prints. There are no
docs in the print queue. No errors are generated. I am wondering whether I
can install the Word Viewer along with Office 2007 to try to remedy the
issue. I have no knowledge of Access programming so I do not know how it
hooks into Word.

Can anyone advise whether this is worth trying or will it conflict with Word
2007 and cause other problems.

I've never done this, but it seems worth a try. Small chance maybe,
though without any knowledge on how the Access app is automating Word,
there's no telling.

The most natural way would certainly be to talk to the vendor. A simple
solution might be to run the application on a separate PC with the old
Office installed, or segregating Office 2003 from 2007 through VMWare or
VirtualPC (and making sure all licenses are sound :-)).

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Diane Diane is offline

Hi Robert -

Thanks for your reply. We did speak with the vendor who did not want to
help at all. An old PC is an option. I've not worked with virtual PC or
VMware - though a good approach to investigate.

Diane

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Diane