Frank Drost

Default Annoying print layout size

Ok, this must be one of those weird unexplainable WORD problems.

I have a document that looks great on the screen and comes out of the
printer correctly. The page setup has the following settings.

Margins:
Top and Bottom 3cm
Inside and Outside 3.17cm
Gutter 0.83cm
Portrait
Paper A$
width 21cm
height 29.7cm

I have had these settings for over half a year now, and have had no problems
with this layout. When I look at a page, the ruler nicely goes from -3 to 18
or on the alternating page from -4 to 17 (I have the document as double
sided).

Great!

But what happens now!
Suddenly, and for me, for no reason at all, the ruler on top of the page
shows either -3 to 18 or -4 to 17 PLUS another 2 more cm to the right of the
page. The result is therefor that it looks like the whole page is a bit
squashed. This has not changed the font of the text, nor even the lines.
Every line still starts and ends with the same word, but somehow the page
seems to have become wider. And the odd thing is, when I print the page (the
document), this shows up too!! And this would only be possible if the font
has become smaller, which according to WORD, hasn't. But when you print the
page, the font is defintely smaller.

What has happened here? Whatever happened has NOT affected the layout of my
document, but everything is a bit "squeezed".

Anyone?

ta

Frank Drost

set to "final showing markup", "final", "original showing markup", and
"original". It was in the position of "final showing markup" and I got the
weird print layout as described before (with page width seem to be 23cm
instead of the standard 21 cm). But when I set that to "final", my document
looks great again, as it is supposed to be. I have no idea what those things
mean, but I suppose I must have accidentally clicked on it and have changed
it.
Is this correct, or is there another "problem" lurking somewhere?
Can someone explain to me the different options under that tab.

Thanks