Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kris Kris is offline

Default large document header information

Is there a way to create an auto header that reads which section (from
the Word created T.O.C.) that page is included in.

For clarification, I wish to show the header of a particular portion
of a document that page belongs to.

Please help!
Kris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

I believe what you want can be done, but I'm honestly not clear on exactly
what that is :-)

The information wouldn't be read from the TOC but would be taken from the
same source as the TOC entries. It might also mean that the doc would have
to be constructed with Section Breaks if they aren't already in place.

For clarification, are you looking to have the heading text of the section,
the section number, chapter titles... What specific content do you want to
display in the Header? When you reply be sure to mention which version of
Word. I'm sure someone can provide the answer even if I can't:-)

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 8/19/07 3:05 PM, in article
, "Kris"
wrote:

Is there a way to create an auto header that reads which section (from
the Word created T.O.C.) that page is included in.

For clarification, I wish to show the header of a particular portion
of a document that page belongs to.

Please help!
Kris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Like Bob, I am not really sure what you want, but if you insert a {
SECTION } field in the header it will display the Section Number.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Kris" wrote in message
ps.com...
Is there a way to create an auto header that reads which section (from
the Word created T.O.C.) that page is included in.

For clarification, I wish to show the header of a particular portion
of a document that page belongs to.

Please help!
Kris

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In addition to the suggestions already given, here's one mo Use a
STYLEREF field. See the “How to insert a StyleRef field” section of the
article at http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP