Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Pip''''n Pip''''n is offline

Default Hard Code link to Data Source

I have a merge document that is located on a server that is accessed using a
local company intranet. I have built my application to work on my local host
and am now about to move it to the live server however I notice that the data
source links in my database fields use access a data source link that is
stored on my local machine.

The database field reads: { IF { DATABASE \d "C:\\Documents and
Settings\\username\\My Documents\\My Data Sources\\CompName MyIntranet
mailMerge_Service.odc" \s "SELECT PATINDEX('%, 37,%', ', ' + ProductLookup +
',') FROM \"mailMerge_Service\"" \O#} ......

How do I rebuild the data source so that it doens't reference a connection
that is stored on the host machine?

The name of the data source in this case is "MyIntranet
mailMerge_Service.odc".