Chad Harris

Default How to: Select 1/23 pages in a footer?

I have a doc here that does something I want to do but can't. In the
footer, it has printed on each page 1/20, 2/20, ect. The footer announces
the page over the total. I tried to find a way to do this and I couldn't.
At insert auto textfooter you can get a page number but there must be a way
to get it to number the pate over the total number of pages automatically.
I just can't find it.

Also I can't find a way to tell the default font size of the footer.

Tia,

Chad Harris

Luc

Chad,
Maybe I am understanding you wrong but, on the header and footer taskbar
there is a button to insert autotext, page x of y should be in the list. You
can also use the buttons page and total pages on the taskbar to construct it
yourself, all you have to do is type an / in between the two fields.
As to the default font size of the footer, this is a style, you will find it
in the taskpane for styles, be aware that it may not turn up in the list of
all the styles, in that case click on the list arrow at the bottom of the
taskpane and choose customize. You will be able to check or uncheck the
styles you want to see in the taskpane.
Hope this helps, if not someone more knowledgeable will jump in.
Luc
"Chad Harris" schreef in bericht
I have a doc here that does something I want to do but can't. In the
footer, it has printed on each page 1/20, 2/20, ect. The footer announces
the page over the total. I tried to find a way to do this and I couldn't.
At insert auto textfooter you can get a page number but there must be a

way
to get it to number the pate over the total number of pages automatically.
I just can't find it.

Also I can't find a way to tell the default font size of the footer.

Tia,

Chad Harris

Chad Harris

Thanks Luc--x of y it is. I missed that and thanks for the tip on styles.
I have to get into them.
Appreciate the help.

Chad Harris
________________________________
"Luc" wrote in message
[...]

Daiya Mitchell

Re styles, start with the four topics under:
Styles in Microsoft Word
That you will find at this website.
http://shaunakelly.com/word/index.html

On 2/24/05 7:51 AM, "Chad Harris" wrote:

Thanks Luc--x of y it is. I missed that and thanks for the tip on styles.
I have to get into them.
Appreciate the help.

Chad Harris

Suzanne the X to Y did it for me (I just simply blew by it, and if you mean
the Insert Page Numbers that will give you single page number (Alt+Shift+P).
If you didn't mean that let me know.

I dragged up that Header/Footer toolbar to the Word toolbar where there was
room--getting what you want up there and customizing what is in easy reach
can sure make a difference--and I need to learn to use some of the 3rd party
add ins. I also need to work with some of the things that will let you add
buttons and customize keys more. Thank you all for picking up on all my
questions so promptly Suzanne -it's a great luxury to have this help.

Chad Harris
____________________

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Have you tried using the Insert Number of Pages button on the Header and
Footer toolbar? It inserts a NumPages field.

so
all may benefit.

"Chad Harris" wrote in message
I have a doc here that does something I want to do but can't. In the
footer, it has printed on each page 1/20, 2/20, ect. The footer
announces
the page over the total. I tried to find a way to do this and I
couldn't.
At insert auto textfooter you can get a page number but there must be a

way
to get it to number the pate over the total number of pages
automatically.
I just can't find it.

Also I can't find a way to tell the default font size of the footer.

Tia,

Chad Harris

There is an Insert Page Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar that
will insert the page number (PAGE field), but there is also an Insert Number
of Pages button that inserts the NUMPAGES field.

[...]

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.