PCtarget

Default I have a 70 page document that requires two different formats.

I have a 70 page document that requires two different formats. For example
I will start with the normal page numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, but when I get to page
5 I need the page numbers to read as 5-a, 5-b, 5-c, etc. and then go back to
normal page numbering 6, 7, 8, 9, and then at page 10 the numbering required
is 10-a, 10b, 10c, etc. I need this formatting 6 times through my document.

Stefan Blom

Generally, page numbers are controlled for each section, which means
that you have to divide the document into sections. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...rontMatter.htm, which
describes how to set page number properties, such as the numbering
format and the starting number.

Note, however, that Word offers no way to add leading and/or trailing
text to page numbers, which means (a) that you would have to type the
"5-" part manually, and (b) that the you wouldn't see "5-" in an
automatic table of contents.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP