Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jerr5266 Jerr5266 is offline

Default Stop auto word count

Word count automatically counts every couple minutes or so in my document and
I can't do anything while its running. It says to hit escape to stop but it
often doesn't work and I have to wait til its done to continue working. Is
there anything I could do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix at news.microsoft.com is offline

Assuming this is Word 2007 (since I don't think word count runs automatically
in any other version), you can right click on the status bar and deselect
'Word Count' from the 'Customize Status Bar' menu. That should stop the word
count from running automatically.
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

"Jerr5266" wrote:

Word count automatically counts every couple minutes or so in my document and
I can't do anything while its running. It says to hit escape to stop but it
often doesn't work and I have to wait til its done to continue working. Is
there anything I could do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jerr5266 Jerr5266 is offline

Unfortunately that won't do it.

This is Word 2003 and in large documents (200+ pages), it'll just start
automatically running this word count thing. Especially after you've done
some editing/saving that triggers it to start running again. I wonder if its
a glitch in our copy of microsoft.